Monday, October 24, 2016

DIY 'Phase Angle'Checkup : Assess Your Wellness DIY

It can offer a good indication of your general wellness while at the same time revealing alarming insights. Imagine what new cells operating at a new , higher level can do for you, your looks and your well-being. 

This is unlike other health tests you may have taken because it doesn't ask about your cholesterol level or weight number on the scale, so don't panic. be honest with yourself as you answer these questions ; DON'T TRY TO CHEAT BY ANSWERING A "RIGHT" ANSWER THAT YOU THINK WILL BOOST YOUR SCORE.  There's no one here but you and these responses. The more truthfully you answer, the more accurate are your results and your capacity to transform yourself starting today. 

Take your time to think about each question and possible answer. revisit this wellness quiz whenever you want to see if any of your answers have changed, as a way of checking in with yourself to see how you're doing. Let's begin : 

1. I am generally :
A. happy and healthy.
B. somewhat happy but not as well as I'd like to be .
C. often depressed, frustrated with my health , and emotionally out of control . 

2. I experience stress:
A. chronically; it's never-ending.
B. more times that I'd like to admit.
C. only occasionally.


3. If my best friend or spouse had to evaluate my stress, s(he) would say I: 
A. am moderately able to deal with it, but have my moments.
B.  am cool as cucumber.
C. tend to lose it; I can turn into someone else. 

4. I get more accomplished in the mornings than most people I know:
A. uh, sometimes; depends
B. yes, pretty much all the time
C. trying not to admit I look older than I really am.


5. When I tell people my real age, they are :
A. amazed; I looked younger
B. not surprised; I look as old as I am
C. trying not to admit I look older than I really am .


6. I spent time with friends:
A. one or more days a week, no matter what
B. one day a month --maybe, if I can fit it in
C. almost never; who has time for that?

7. When I thing about the next chapter to my life, I am generally:
A. excited and looking forward to whatever life brings
B. terrified; I worry about the future
C. don't really think about it or care. 

8. I take supplements;
A. daily
B. when I remember; occasionally
C. never.

9. I feel the need to drink water:
A. with my meals throughout the day
B. regularly; I usually carry a water bottle
C. rarely.

10. I sleep:
A. really well; no problem
B. so-so; I don't wake up feeling refreshed every day
C. not so well; I wish I could sleep like a baby. I sometimes take a sleeping pill.

11. I engage in physical activity (e.g., dancing, gardening, yoga, jogging, hiking):
A. occasionally, but not very strenuously
B. most days of the week; I love to push myself
C. rarely; I just don't have the time or the motivation.

12. I experience  stomach bloating and/or digestion problems (diarrhea, acid reflux, heartburn, constipation, gas, irregularity, irritable bowel, stomach pains, etc.):
A. very rarely; if ever
B. periodically
C. chronically; check out my medicine cabinet


13. I feel my weight:
A. is fairly ideal; I'm happy with it
B. could use some modification; I've tried to lose ten pounds oh so many times on various diets
C. cannot seem to stabilize; I have a low metabolism and hate it. I also hate dieting.

14. When I look in the mirror, I see:
A. more signs of aging than others my age; I'm not fully content with my age
B. lots of deep wrinkles, saggy skin, and age spots; I hate my age
C. a youthful appearance for my age; I'm happy with my age.

15. The most important person/people in the world is/are:
A. my family
B. me
C. I can't decide.


Scoring

1. a=3; b=1; c=0
.
2. a=0; b=1; c=2
.
3. a=1; b=3; c=0
.
4. a=1; b=3; c=0
.
5. a=3; b=1; c=0
.
6. a=3; b=2; c=0
.
7. a=3; b=0; c=1
.
8. a=3; b=1; c=0
.
9. a=1; b=0; c=3
.
10. a=3; b=1; c=0
.
11. a=1; b=3; c=0
.
12. a=3; b=1; c=0
.
13. a=3; b=2; c=0
.
14. a=1; b=0; c=3
.
15. a=1; b=3; c=0

Add up your points. Then deduct:
> 5 points if you smoke;
> 5 points if you drink alcohol, on average, more than two alcoholic beverages a day.
> 5 points if you consume at least one meal a day that's mostly processed.

Which one are you?
.
40-44: the role model
.
25-39: the average person
.
11-25: the struggler
.
0-10: barely there.

Clearly, the higher your score, the healthier you are (and probably the higher your Phase Angle **); the lower you score, the more you'll benefit from this blog site's posts.

If you scored below 10, you're a prime candidate for taking every concept in this blog seriously and going at whatever pace you need to apply the Water Secret to your life.


Bear in mind that it may take time for your body to respond to a shift in your lifestyle, however great or small. Give yourself a breaking-in period for you to establish these habits forever. 

In fact, some of these habits can create new neuronal pathways in your body. That's right : the brain is NOT as hardwired as we previously thought. 

The moment you decide to adapt these ideas to your life is the moment you begin to make physical, neurochemical, and hormonal changes in your body for the better---ones that will support your goal of bringing out your absolute best. Small changes add up and can have a big impact. Virtually everyone can benefit from embracing this principle, including those who would say they lead healthy, happy lives, or who scored above a 30.

Take Note of the answers in the quiz that get you zero, 0 , points. let those be your focal points as you move forward. 

For example, you may look pretty good now, but  you know that your stressful life is going to catch up with you and start bringing down that appearance and energy level if you don't learn to cope better. You can always do better, because there is no such thing as a perfect 10. It's simply a benchmark. 

No matter where you  are on the spectrum of health, remember that you've visit this blog for a reason. A little voice inside you is telling you that it's time to make a change. Whatever that change may be, understanding the Water Secret will be your launching pad.  

** Phase Angle.
 Is a marker used to determine how well a person/patient is. "Phase Angle" (PA) -- a new diagnostic tool used in many research circles to DETERMINE the CONDITION of the BODY, specifically the BODY'S CELLS. 

Your Phase Angle tells you how strong every cell in your body is right this second.

The essence of the Water Secret is the following : vibrant health from the inside out lies in maintaining strong cells that can attract and keep water the way younger cells do.

If you can repair your cell membranes ( and I mean all cells, from brain cells and heart cells to connective tissue and your outermost skin cells that present you to the world) while attracting water and nutrients to them, you can fight aging  and disease. 

No comments: