Monday, March 6, 2017

Deception and Human Suffering!

Here is a true life story that should dispel any myths about drug companies being on the side of consumers. In the autumn of 1988, I was aked to speak at the Gastroenterology Society meeting held at the Armed Forces Hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia -- a hospital and a country that lack nothing money can buy. i was introduced to the local representative of a major drug company that manufactures one of these special antihistamine pain medications. he did not know me or the topic of my presentation. he was curious. Here I was in Saudi Arabia, from America, addressing a medical gathering.

He asked me, "Do you use our product?" 
I answered, " No, I do not." 
He asked,"Are you using the product of our competitor?"
I said,"No, I do not use the product of your competitor either."

With much surprise he asked, "Then, what do you use to treat your patients?"
I told him, "I use water." In amazement, he said,"What, water alone?" 
"Yes," I said, "Water alone."

Then I asked him the two questions that had bothered me for some time. "As a researcher into the effects of histamine functions on the human body physiology, your company must be aware of the primary role of histamine in water regulation and drought management of the body. Firstly, why do you insist that its actions should be blocked? And, secondly, why do you not explain this water-regulatory role of histamine in the body to the clinicians who are being asked to block its action by the use of your product?"

What do you think his answer was? In an irritated tone of voice, he replied, " We are not here to educate the doctors. They should discover that for themselves! We are a manufacturing company interested in selling a  product."

Exactly what I expected! Fortunately, I am now able to reveal what drug companies have been concealing for years from doctors and their patients.  It is obvious these companies understand the intricate actions of histamine in the human body or else they would not be able to produce specific chemicals that block the union of histamine with its receiving point on the cell membrane.  they know that the primary functions of histamine are energy regulation and drought management in the human body. They know that water is a better natural antihistamine. unfortunately, they have also learned how to conceal this information and not let it get into the textbooks of medicine and physiology.

The new knowledge you now possess will make the practice of medicine much simpler and friendlier to you, your health, and your financial resources.  What is more, medical jargon will no longer get in your way of understanding your own body and its ways of talking to you. What you need to learn is that water is a safe, natural antihistamine that the body is calling for any time it manifests a health problem.

Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.

No comments: