Thursday, March 16, 2017

Healing Cancer Coaching Program (Continue) [My Protocol]

My Daily Anticancer Routine: Now I'm going to walk you through my daily anticancer routine.

1. First thing in the morning I drink 16 to 24 ounces of filtered water. I had a distiller back then, now I am using Berkey water filter. So first thing I do, is drink 16 to 24 ounces of water. Why? Because it hydrates you and it gets your bowels moving.  I like to add things like amla  and moringa, green powder, lemon juice, and I often steep a bag of tea in the water overnight like Jason Winters tea, green tea, or hibiscus tea.

2. Next would be 10 to 20 minutes of morning exercise. Walk, jog, ride your bicycle, jump on a rebounder/trampoline , do some breathing exercise, some push-ups, do a workout DVD, whatever. Just get your blood pumping and your lymphatic system moving. And get a little sweat going. Perspire daily.

3. After that, I would take a shower , and then spend 30 minutes or more of devotional time reading the Bible, journaling, affirmations, and prayer.

4. The next step was to make my juice for the day. I made 64 fluid-ounces of juice. That's 8 x eight-ounce servings to drink throughout the day stored in airtight mason jars. Most days I would skip breakfast and drink juice through the morning.

5. Mid-morning I might have a piece of tart fruit like a green apple or a grapefruit.  But any fruit is wonderful. Don't be afraid of fruit because it's sweet.  Fruit is awesome. So, any fruit you enjoy eat it ; pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, oranges, kiwi, any fruit you want to eat.  You didn't get cancer from eating too much fruit. If you need more calories go with organic oatmeal for breakfast.

6. Lunch is the giant salad.  And the fruit smoothie is also a great afternoon snack, but it could be breakfast or lunch. But if you have cancer, I think it's important to make sure you get two giant salads in your body every day.  If you're hungry between meals that means you need to eat more. Eat bigger meals. But you can also snack on almonds or walnuts or snack on fruits. Eat an apple, eat a banana, have a few oranges, eat some dates, or figs. Like I said, don't be afraid of this sugar in fruit. Fruit is good.

7. 10 to 15 minutes before lunch and dinner, squeeze in some light exercise, like bouncing on the rebounding/trampoline, a quick walk, whole body stretching exercise, jog , anything. That's an easy way to remember to do it, just get it into your routine.

Obviously, you don't want to get sweaty, 3 times a day, necessarily because then, you are going to feel the need to bathe 3 times a day. So rebounding, or brisk walking is great, because you are moving your body and moving your lymph without breaking a sweat and getting body odour, BO.

8. Taking a walk after dinner is a great thing to do with the family.  We love to do that when the weather is nice. So again, movement before or after dinner or both, and dinner would be another giant cancer-fighting salad.

MY PROTOCOL
The first 90 days of my protocol was 100% raw fruits and vegetables ; juicing, giant salads , and full smoothies, all raw.  And I think that's a great place for the majority of cancer patients to start.

Now this diet is meant to ne tweaked based on your metabolic needs.  if you're overweight, the raw diet will be perfect for you because you can eat as much as you want and you're going to lose weight.  but if you are thin with a high metabolism and you're struggling to maintain your body weight, then you need to eat more cooked food.

After 90 days on raw food, I added some cooked vegetables back to my diet. I lost a lot of body weight with cancer, I lost more weight when I went raw and after doing water fasts and juice fasts.  And at my lowest I was 130 pounds and I 'm 6 feet 2 inches in height, so I was definitely underweight.  I looked like 'Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas,' and I just needed more calories that I was getting from a 100% raw diet.

So 100% raw diet is not necessary, but 100% plant-based is. Like I said, if you're overweight, 100 % raw diet would be great for you because you can stuff yourself with fruits and vegetables and you will still lose weight. Just keep the oils to a minimum, because oils are the most concentrated source of calories you can eat.

If you are overweight, it's because you have a very efficient metabolism. Your body is really good at maintaining muscle mass and storing food as energy. You need less food intake than the average person which means you actually have a survival advantage. But because we've been conditioned to eat 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) by the food industry, you've been putting more calories into your body than it needs and it's stored those extra calories as fat.

The raw diet is naturally lower in calories than the Western diet so your body will start burning any excess fat and you'll eventually get back down to your ideal body weight.

But I had the reverse problem and I needed more calories.  It's a simple problem with a simple solution. So I added some cooked food back to my diet.  I started  by adding some cooked vegetables with dinner like sweet potato, brown rice, quino, or lentils. Since then I've discovered black rice and red rice, which have higher antioxidant levels than brown rice, and they're delicious.

BLACK RICE


RED RICE


BROWN RICE


QUINOA



All types of beans and peas are wonderful : Black beans, garbanzo beans, black-eyed peas, green beans, split peas, chick peas, lentils.  Any cooked vegetables you like is allowed.  Just don't cook them in oil or grease and  no fried food.  Boiling or steaming is best, baking is okay.

Now, let's talk about meat. Along with some cooked veggies, my nutritionist also recommended adding a few servings of clean meat to my diet.  I start with a serving of wild caught Alaskan Salmon or organic lamb meat a few times a week. At that point I'd been on a raw vegan diet for 90 days, and I just assumed I would probably never eat meat again and I  was fine with it.  I didn't change my diet because of an animal reason, I changed it for a health reason.  I was trying to save my life, so I was willing to eat anything if I  thought it could help me. As long as they could help heal my body of cancer, so I didn't have  any kind of resistance to eating meat again except that I wasn't sure if it was healthy or not.  I was willing to do whatever it took to get well, and I was definitely underweight and I was ready to put some of animal protein back to my diet,

Since then, I've learned that the healthiest populations around the world do eat a little bit of animal meat, but not much. The healthiest, longest living people in Africa, Asia, South America, the Mediterranean, and the Middle East and even in the U.S. eat diets that are about 95% plant-based on average and only about 5% animal meat, What we don't know is whether or not this small amount of animal meat is actually health-promoting or if it's just not enough to hurt you. In hindsight it may not have been necessary but I added a couple of serving a week of either wild-caught salmon or lamb meat along with cooked vegetables like sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, and lentils with dinner.
*[Lamb, hogget, and mutton are the meat of domestic sheep at different ages. A sheep in its first year is called a lamb, and its meat is also called lamb. The meat of a juvenile sheep older than one year is hogget; outside North America this is also a term for the living animal. The meat of an adult sheep is mutton, a term only used for the meat, not the living animals.]
And those extra calories helped me get back to my normal weight. Again, if you're trying to lose weight, juice throughout the morning, eat two giants salads for lunch and dinner and fruit, or fruit smoothie as a snack.

If you are trying to gain weight, definitely eat oatmeal for breakfast, the giant salads for lunch, fruit smoothie as an afternoon snack, and then another giant salad with cooked veggie for dinner ; like rice, beans, peas, lentils, and sweet potatoes.  This is a simple strategy.  We don't need to reinvent the wheel here.  We just want to get the most potent anti-cancer foods into your body every single day.  And consistency matters.

If you do this for a few weeks and then go back to your old routine it's not going to make any difference. But when you're popunding in 15 to 20 servings of fruits and vegetables every day there is s snowball effect that happens in your body.  You will gain momentum and accelerate the regeneration and restoration of your body.  This of course is assuming you're not in such a late stage that your body cannot recover.

Occasionally that is the case of some cancer patients if they've been through all the treatments possible and the doctor says there's nothing more we can do.

Sometimes it is too late.  but look, you never know unless you try. So if that sounds like you, it's still worth going for it.  Pull out all the stops, because I've seen miracles happen when people make a radical diet and lifestyle change like this.

I've met many stage four cancer patients who have healed after they were sent home to die.  just keep it simple and follow this formula and enjoy your life, and the process.

Now I want to talk a little bit more about animal products. But first, I want to make sure we're all on the same page.  When I use the word meat, I'm not just talking about beef or red meat. I'm talking about all parts of all animals : the muscles, organs, and tissues of all animals. The term dairy is anything that comes from the mammary gland of any animal ; milk, cheese, butter, yogurt.  yes, that includes ice cream, gelato, and frozen yogurt. The term animal products include all of the above, anything that came from an animal: meat, dairy, eggs, bone broth, et cetera.

As I discussed in the anticancer diet part one, knowing what I know now about how hormones IGF-I, methionine, and heme iron in animal products can fuel cancer growth, I think what I did was a bit risky. And I think the safest approach for cancer patients is to stay off all animal products for the first phase of your healing journey, at least 90 days, maybe even a few years.  But for those of you who've been well for a few years, or if you're doing this for prevention and you're eating some animal protein, hopefully no more than a few times a week, here's something you need to know about the safest healthiest types of animal meat, and the best ways to prepare it. In 2004, right around the time my nutritionist recommended I add a little animal protein back to my diet, I came across some one who made the case that we should follow the same dietary principles as the Israelites in the Old Testament. Now God gave the Israelites very specific dietary rules. They were allowed to eat all seed bearing plant food, but they were given specific rules as to which animals they were allowed to eat. Some animals were deemed unclean and were forbidden to be eaten by the Israelites.  The first time I read those dietary law I was much younger and I thought they were completely arbitrary and I was told that they didn't apply today.  But what I believe is true now is that these guidelines are still valuables and if we follow them, we will have better health.  the reason that God gave these dietary guidelines to the Israelites, to His chosen people , were not arbitrary at all , it was because He wanted them to be strong and healthy and free from disease.

 

No comments: