Saturday, May 13, 2017

SANDRA'S STORY

Just how successful can Thought Field Therapy (TFT) algorithms be? Consider the case of Sandra, who is typical of those whom I have treated with Thought Field Therapy. She sought my help when she was in her early forties. She could point to many successes in her life, including a thriving career as a real estate agent. She also had maintained her body weight in a healthy range of 118 to 126 pounds for many years. But then Sandra went through a divorce, which changed her entire life -- including her ability to control her weight. "I was living alone for the first time in my life,"she said. " To make things worse, my entire family blamed me for the divorce." As if there wasn't enough new anxiety in her life, Sandra smashed her car -- a Ferrari that she had absolutely cherished. The insurance company fought her on the settlement, and she ended up going to court over it. 
   In response to this tidal wave of stressful events, Sandra began eating ... and eating... and eating... Even when she wasn't hungry, she kept the refrigerator door active for hours every night. Instead of reaching for water or low-fat foods, she sought comfort in junk food. It was the dopamine effect of the body that calm her down, temporary. Her body weight soared, peaking at 158 pounds. 
Image result for 158 pounds

  For eight (8) years, Sandra futilely attempted to lose those excess pounds. She adopted one fad diet after another, each one ultimately failing once its novelty wore off. She also tried hypnosis. She took tranquilizers to ease her anxiety. Then she entered emotionally painful and expensive psychotherapy. Years went by, but as her frustration and her therapy bills grew, her body size remained stubbornly where it was. When she called my office, there was despair in her voice. She was at wit's end.

  I told Sandra about TFT, and she agreed to try it. In my office, I asked her to focus on her desire for junk food, and then to rate that craving on the SUD scale of 1 to 10. She placed it at a 8. Then I guided her through the tapping of carefully chosen locations on the face and upper body, followed by the other components of the treatment. The entire process took less than five minutes. 

  When we were done, I asked Sandra, "On a 10-point scale, what's your desire to eat junk food now?"

  She thought for a moment.

  "One,"  she finally said matter-of-factually. "I don't feel the urge at all." Instantly, she felt in control.

  Each time I checked back with Sandra in the following days and weeks, she reported that her relationship with food had normalized. her obsession with eating had ended. She had stopped bingeing. And she began to lose weight. 
"I no longer faced a mental battle to keep from eating when I wasn't hungry," Sandra told me later. "I could walk away from junk food for the first time in years."

  Sandra lost eight (8) pounds in the first two months after under-going a single TFT treatment. Within six months, she had lost a total of twenty-five (25) pounds. "At last, " she said, "I've found something that works!"

  Results like Sandra's are very predictable if you follow my instructions carefully. Quantum-type leaps in the SUD scale happen in individual after individual. As you move from 10 to 7 to 4 to 1, all in a matter of minutes, you are experiencing the dramatic improvements that we find typical in the thousands of people helped by TFT.

  During the development of TFT, the final judgment of its effectiveness was the answer to the question, " Did it lower the SUD?"  A cure for a psychological problem would be the complete elimination of all distress, which translates to a 1 on the SUD scale. TFT has proven it can do that in one patient after another. 

No comments: